Everybody always loves a good debate. With that being said, here are the top 5 greatest NBA Point Guards of all time:
5) Steve Nash – May not be the greatest defensive player in NBA History, but he epitomizes the quintessential “get everybody involved” type of point guard. A perfect mixture of street ball and a controlled NBA game. He could always penetrate inside the paint and kick it out for a 3 pointer. I also love that he’s not afraid to turn the ball over.
4) Bob Cousy – A player that was WAY ahead of his time. A ball handling master. He basically invented the fast break offense. If there was a sportscenter when he played, he would have been the “highlight reel” guy.
3) Oscar Robertson – One of the most complete players to ever lace them up. It’s hard to think of any weaknesses when you talk about the Big O. The fact that he averaged a triple-double in an entire has to be one of the most amazing stats in not just basketball, but all of sports.
2) Magic Johnson – What can you say about a guy who was the leader of one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports. At 6 ft 9 in, he was an absolute monster at the point guard position. He could both overpower or use his speed to beat his opponents.
1) John Stockton – This was a tough call choosing Stockton over Johnson. But in the end, how can you go against the guy who is the all time leader in NBA assists and steals. A floor leader in every sense of the word.